Monday, March 29, 2010

Week of March 22nd

After church we sat on the couch and sang out of the Swedish Hymn book. I really enjoyed it as it forces me to decide the pronunciation of the words and move on! It is really a beautiful language. Evensen’s had us and the Soderquists over for desert, chocolate cake, ice cream, fruit for the ice cream, whipped cream, nuts and a drink. They really do not do things in a simple way, but we sure enjoy getting together.
The visiting group this week has been from Norway and they have had enough come to have their own sessions and ordinances. A young sister came to the temple for her first time; she is going to the Temple Square Mission in July. Her name is Sister Nyman. She was here with her mom and I looked twice every time I saw her nametag.
Easter is a big deal here in Scandinavia and most people have the week off. With everyone getting ready for this holiday our sessions have been small.
We did have a group of 11 missionaries come to the temple. Most of them were just arriving but a couple of them were ready to go home. They bring such a great spirit when they come. There were four sister missionaries with this group.
Our Swedish lesson this week was a very fun going home party for Dale and Elaine Ensign. They live in North Salt Lake and we are really going to miss them. We had lots of food and really played some fun games. We even had a 7-layer dip with refried beans. Sister Oscarson found a recipe on line so we can make our own!
On P-day we went into Stockholm with the Soderquists and spend most of the day in the Army Museum.
It was very good and I enjoyed it more that I thought I would. They really have wonderful museums here and very good displays. After the museum we found a very cute place to eat.
‘Café Sten Sture” used to be a prison and it is a dungeon. The food was very good and I am sure we will go back. I had shrimp soup with 2 open faced cheese sandwiches and Chuck had the traditional meal ball dinner.
I was asked to give the prayer in Sacrament Meeting. I told Bro Krus I could give a very simple one in Swedish or do it in English. His comment was “simple is good’. So with faith and several personal prayers I did it in Swedish. I know I made several mistakes but I really had my prayers answered as I felt very calm and peaceful while I was praying.
Because of General Conference and Easter being next Sunday our lessons were on Jesus Christ and the Atonement. In Primary we watched part of ‘The Testament’ movie and I am so thankful for all that Jesus Christ has done for us, to enable us to return to his presence by faith and repentance. We are grateful for our testimonies and for the opportunity we have to serve in the Temple in Stockholm.
Have a great week, a happy Easter and know that you are loved and prayed for and we appreciate your prayers and support for us. Love ya, Hej då

No comments:

Post a Comment