Monday, March 15, 2010

Week of March 8th

We got a black blind installed in bedroom window so it is not quite so bright when the sun comes up at 6:30. We do not change to daylight savings time until the 28th so then the sun will not come up as early for a couple of weeks!
We have had several days of blue sky and above freezing temperatures. We have been on several walks and I know why these people are sun worshipers. At home I would open the blinds and lay on our bed to enjoy the sunshine; here the only place in our apartment to be in the sun is standing by the window! It is hard to sleep standing up!
This week’s visiting group has been large enough to have their own sessions so we did not have much interaction with them until Friday. They had some of their people leave so my schedule was bagged and my sisters mainly went on sessions and Chuck had to incorporate the visiting men into his schedule. I am not sure which was hardest! Oh well, we got through the day and it is always wonderful to serve the Lord.
Tuesday we had 8 Elders and 2 Sisters from the Stockholm Mission come to the temple. The one Sister, Sister Hegmond, is from San Jose, Calif. and goes home in two weeks. The other Sister, Sister Coleman, is from Mesa, Ariz. and Tuesday was her 1 year mark. I really enjoyed talking with them and I got the email of Sister Coleman’s parents and sent them a quick email about their darling daughter. I got a reply right back and that was a tender mercy. I was glad I listened to the promptings to do that.
We had a temple worker have his 90th birthday this week. He can’t see very well and he can’t hear but he loves being at the temple and going on sessions. At lunch there was some wonderful cake with fondant frosting and we all sang happy birthday to him. I hope he heard us!!
Thursday I got to help with the ordinances of a beautiful Hawaiian girl who came for the first time. Her name is: Raija Masina Tuipelehake Maugututi ‘a, and it sure sounded a lot prettier when she said it than when I did! She was as beautiful on the inside as she was on the outside. She was so excited about coming to the temple; she did three sessions the first day, and two sessions the next day before they traveled 6 hours to get home. What a marvelous experience.
Sunday a Brother Keane, who was born in India and has been a Bishop, talked about the second coming of Christ. He said we have our agency to prepare but we also have the opportunity to change and begin to prepare today. He said our preparations should be done in love so we become closer to Christ as we prepare for Him to come again. I have not thought of preparation in that way and it was good for me to hear, so I pass it on!! It was my first Sunday playing the piano in the Primary. Thank goodness the kids don’t seem to care if your make mistakes because I made them! But I did enjoy the day!! I love to hear the kids speak Swedish, they are so cute. Then we attended a baptism of Jonatan Lundquist and Chuck was a witness to the baptism and stood in the circle for the confirmation. He goes to their family as a Home Teacher.
That is it for another busy week here. We do smell a hint of spring (Vår) in the air but the ice is not melting very fast. We again thank you for your faith and prayers in our behalf, for your love and support. We are doing great and love the people here, being in the temple and learning all that we are. Hej då.

No comments:

Post a Comment